WANT TO SUBMIT A GUEST POST TO FINANCIAL TALES?
Here’s what you need to know.
First and foremost, I must admit that I have borrowed much of this format from Hubspot, since we use them for our blog and they’re abreast of best practices. I think they’ll forgive me. That said…
Financial Tales opening up our blog to Guest Contributors and we’re looking for the best and brightest and if you’re in Annapolis, Md – even better.
If you have exceptional writing skills and would like to share your expertise, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page. It should answer any question you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
What You Need to Know About Financial Tales
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that teach our readers something new about the world of personal finance. While we tend to skew toward content about investing, that’s not all we talk about. We’re also interested in publishing any topic about your money. This includes things like freedom from debt, credit scores, credit cards, real estate investing – you name it.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the Financial Tales. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and of course, everything should be written in the form of a tale.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
How to Submit Your Post
Please email contact [at] seracapital [dot] com with the following:
- Your completed post as Word Doc or copy/paste in the form below.
- Image files (with attribution) in a separate folder.
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.
The Not-So-Fine Print
- Submissions must meet the HubSpot blogging team’s quality standards in order to get published.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or Inbound.org afterward. But you can share it like crazy.
- The Financial Tales blogging team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Financial Tales reserves the right to include calls-to-action to our content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
What Financial Tales Content Can You Use? And How?
- Feel free to share links to any of our content by email and social media. We’ll love you for it!
- Feel free to republish in full any HubSpot-original images (such as charts, graphs, cartoons, infographics), videos, or SlideShares by copying or embedding them and including them in your content, as long as you honor the Content Attribution Policy below. (Note: This does not include any stock images we’ve purchased for use in our content.)
- Feel free to reference or quote up to 75 words of any of our text content (facts, figures, quotes, etc.) in your own blog articles, presentations, documents, etc. as long as you honor the Content Attribution Policy below.
- Unfortunately, we can’t let you republish in full any of our text-based content (blog articles, PDFs, PPTs, DOCs) on the web. Why? Well, duplicate content is just bad for SEO, and Google will hate us for it (and since they invested in HubSpot, we like to keep them happy).
- Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill requests for original files (e.g. PDFs, PPTs, DOCs or original video files). Sorry!
- You cannot make money off of our content. We gave it to you for free, so you need to keep it free by passing it along.
- You cannot claim our content as your original ideas (i.e. using our content and publishing it on a channel as your own). We love that you want to share it, but please just share the original link instead. Thank you!
Content Attribution Policy
- Attribute Financial Tales as the source.
- Link to the original Financial Tales source you’re referencing …
- For references to a Financial Tales blog article, link to the URL of the specific blog article you’re referencing.
- For references to Financial Tales downloadable content offers behind a form, please link to the landing page URL with the form for that individual offer.
Thanks for the content love. We appreciate it!